Skip to content

Horizon Resumes Non-Urgent Procedures

Horizon Health says it is resuming non-urgent surgeries and outpatient appointments across the province.

The news comes as the province prepares to return to Level 1 of the COVID-19 winter plan next week.

The health authority moved to urgent and emergency services only in late December amid rising COVID-19 cases.

As of Jan. 25, 922 surgeries had been postponed along with more than 11,000 appointments for lab, diagnostic imaging, and professional services.

Despite the return of non-urgent procedures, Horizon says it will remain at the “Red” alert level for the time being.

That means visitors are still not allowed in hospitals, but some exceptions are in place for patients eligible for a designated support person.

All patients, clients, and designated support persons will continue to be screened for COVID symptoms and travel history.

More details can be found online.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBnews@radioabl.ca.

 

What’s Trending